I've had my work permit for over 5 years and it is absolutely necessary to control your "business".  However, it is a big hassle and gets expensive. One mistake and you have to start all over again.
A. To have a work permit requires:
1/. - A company which has its tax paid and at least 2 million haht in registered capital at beginning.  

2/. - 7 ea Thai employees with Tax Paid Receipts monthly (this can be zero money by only paying 2900 baht per month then tax is 0) - used by lawyers and often they don't file but if investigated, you can get disqualified if you don't have tax filing receipts - every month.

3/. - Revenue and Tax paid as per the Annual Report (which costs about 60,000 baht per year with my accountant costs). 

4/. - you must receive a salary and pay tax on at least 40,000 baht per month (so that costs about 4 - 5000 baht per month to keep up.) Company loses are ok (can do for about 3 years although I've done for 6. You must add paid up capital to the company ( I started with 2 million and right now it is registered with 8 million baht).

 A Lawyer can charge about 25,000 baht per year to do it but then you never know whether you really have control.  My lawyer,  I use a one year multiple entry Non-Imm B and must go out every 3 months.  To renew my work permit every three months costs 500 baht.

B) SOLUTION - have a good Thai partner, lawyer and accountant but if you don't want to process yourself then ask each stage for the cost of a lawyer then ask us. The normal cost for a work permit is 12-15,000 baht but this may increase when the lawyer's fees are taken into account.

We have pleasure in announcing our law service & now able to offer clients and all expats & newly arrivals this  "foreign law service". Yes we offer foreigners and expats that little bit extra. Consultations that will make you feel comfortable with. All our fees are very competitive, with no hidden costs and we can now offer you ongoing services with a smile. 


Rent, lease or buy a Business in Chiangmai
Bangkok Trader NEWS: Free [ classifieds ]

  Renting or buying a house or condo in Chiangmai use   [  Asia Real Estate ]

      Check your foreign currency exchange rates against the Thai Baht with Bangkok Bank.

  [ HOME ] [ Visas ] [  Work Permit Letters to Ed ]  [ More about Chiangmai Trader News ] [ Non immigrant Visas ] [ Lawyer costs & services ] [ Bangkok fees ] [ Visas ] [ Work Permits ] [ Companies ] [ Amity Treaty ] [ Foreign Company Office ] [ Limited Partnerships ] [ Tourist visas ] [ Residency Visa] [ 1 year visa ] [ Visa Extension ] [ Visa newsletters ] [ Visa Myanmar ] [ Visa Cambodia ] [ Visa Nepal ] [ Expat News ] [ USA Report Birth ] [ Thai license ]  [ Company tax ] [ Income tax ] [ Company VAT ] [ Bank Accounts ] [ Marriage Laws ] [ Marry in Thailand ] [ Thai divorce ] [ Insurance Cover] [ Importing to Thailand ] [ Importing Cars & Vehicles to Thailand ] [ Leasing land ] [ House buying guide ] [ Security & Protection ] [ Foreign embassies ] [ Letter of Credit ] [ Terms-FAQ's ] [ Classified ads ] [ Currency Convert Table ] [ Accounting & tax ] [ NEW VISA costs ]

 COPYRIGHT: No parts or parts of this website may be copied, printed or circulated for publication in any form or part of without the express written permission of  29 Tanin Co Ltd--Law Office.  All infringements will be an infringement on the Copyrights of this website  and we will act according to Thai law. Please view:  FAQTERMS  




Check out anything about Thailand on Asia Trading Post: from Business to Visas to Companies or just General. Free help. Click on:


Best  Property realty in ChiangMai & North Thailand


Thailand & China outsourcing Products


 The world's top search engine 


Thailand's first Classified,auction & forum website for biz or private. Post your FREE ads


Copyright 2001 Asia Realty Estate email:  lawyer@chiangmailaw.com 
Last modified: July 10, 2006