The legal age is 17 years for a Thai to marry with parental consent & 20 yrs without. The marriage can be registered at the District Office or any Thai Embassy abroad.Marrying a foreigner is legal & under Section 1459 of the Civil & Commercial Code. One cannot marry a brother or sister; or any blood relation; or has adopted; or with spouse of another living person; with widow or divorced person within 310 days after terminating the previous marriage, remmarrying a former spouse unless a court order allows. 



There are 2 categories:

1/. Where property is separate and acquired before marriage eg. land, jewelry etc or by inheritanceor items received as a dowry.

2/. Communal: will or gifted property owned jointly.

If a foreigner marries a Thai and buys land this can be separate but the foreigner must confirm in writing that the Thai spouse has used her own money for the purchase.


1/. Can own 1 Rai or 1/5 of an acre if they meet the following

a). Invest 40 m baht for min 5 years.

b). Investment must be beneficial & listed with Ministry of Interior.

c). Land is used for residential purposes.

d). Land dept notified within 60 days when using the land.


Don't forget if your'e coming to Thailand to live and want to rent, buy or lease a condo, house or whatever then ask the Real Estate Company.  We highly recommend. ASIA REAL ESTATE from Chiangmai who can get you into the place you want or a business & offer ongoing help services and totally honest. They can even furnish you with all the forms.

[ HOME ] [ Visas ] [  Work Permit Letters to Ed ]  [ More about Chiangmai Trader News ] [ Non immigrant Visas ] [ Lawyer costs & services ] [ Bangkok fees ] [ Visas ] [ Work Permits ] [ Companies ] [ Amity Treaty ] [ Foreign Company Office ] [ Limited Partnerships ] [ Tourist visas ] [ Residency Visa] [ 1 year visa ] [ Visa newsletters ] [ Visa Myanmar ] [ Visa Cambodia ] [ Visa Nepal ] [ USA Report Birth ] [ Thai license ]  [ Company tax ] [ Income tax ] [ Company VAT ] [ Bank Accounts ] [ Marriage Laws ] [ Marry in Thailand ] [ Thai divorce ] [ Importing to Thailand ] [ Importing Cars & Vehicles to Thailand ] [ Leasing land ] [ House buying guide ] [ Security & Protection ] [ Foreign embassies ] [ Letter of Credit ] [ Terms-FAQ's] [ Thai marriages ] [ Wills & inheritance ]

 COPYRIGHT: No parts or parts of this website may be copied, printed or circulated for publication in any form or part of without the express written permission of Asia Trading Post Co Ltd. Please also note all Thailand affected pages which include eg. law, immigration, visas can not be used unless  written permission is obtained from both 29 Tanin Co Ltd--Law Office & also Asia Trading Post Co Ltd by way of contract.  All infringements will be an infringement on the Copyrights of this website Asia Trading Post and we will act according to Thai law. Please view:  FAQTERMS




Check out anything about Thailand on Asia Trading Post: from Business to Visas to Companies or just General. Free help. Click on:


Best  Property realty in ChiangMai & North Thailand


Thailand & China outsourcing Products


 The world's top search engine 


Thailand's first Classified,auction & forum website for biz or privte. Post your FREE ads

Copyright 2001 Asia Realty Estate email: